Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By making a booking on any of our courses you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. We live in the real world so reserve the right to make small changes to our courses and content.
You must be over 16 years old to attend our courses with the exception of our Family Favourites course where children must be accompanied by an adult.
You are welcome to wear whatever clothing you feel comfortable in, however, please remember that our courses are hands-on in the kitchen so if you're the kind of person who eats and wears their dinner then your best white t-shirt is probably not a great idea! Additionally, sharp knives and open toes are not a great match so sensible footwear is ideal as we will not accept liability for bodily injury or damaged clothing.
It is your responsibility to let us know in advance of any allergies, intolerances, disabilities, epilepsy, pregnancy or you are vegetarian. It is possible to make minor changes to your individual course content as long as we are aware of your circumstances.
All payments must be made in full at the time of booking for all courses. We are unable to reserve or confirm a place without payment. You are welcome to book online or by telephone using a credit or debit card. We also accept cheques made payable to NBC Associates and sent to The Manager, Nigel Brown Cookery Academy, The Ropewalk, Maltkiln Road, Barton upon Humber, North Lincolnshire DN18 5JT (Please contact us by phone or email to check availability on the course and date you wish to book).
Cancellations and Refunds
If you wish to cancel your place it is your responsibility to let us know in writing/email more than 42 days before your course. We will refund your payment (less a £15 administration fee) by whichever means you originally made payment.
For cancellations less than 42 days before your course, refunds are made on the following basis:
Between 41 and 22 days before your course - 50%
21 days or less before your course - No Refund
You are welcome to request a change of date or course up to 21 days before your course. Cookery school places are fully transferrable so if you have an unavoidable last minute change of plans you are welcome to send someone else in your place (please let us know the new participants name by email).
Refunds are not available on gift voucher purchases, nor can Gift Vouchers be exchanged for cash or other goods. Gift vouchers are transferable, so if you are unable to attend your course, you may contact us to nominate a replacement.
Once we have received your order and full payment we will send written confirmation and any associated items such as vouchers by Royal Mail first class post the next working day. Our vouchers and gift wallets are sent in a hand written plain white A5 envelope to the address you have requested on your booking form so if your voucher is a gift we won't give away your secret. If you have ordered via our online booking system you will also receive a confirmation email to the email address you supplied with your order. We cannot be held responsible for any Royal Mail delivery delays as these are outside our control.
Website usage terms and conditions
The term '[business name]' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is [address]. Our company registration number is [company registration number and place of registration]. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.